. Advertisement .
. Advertisement .
The error “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘span’” is one of the most frustrating errors to encounter on your journey as a blogger. It can be very frustrating especially when you are working on a new post. But don’t worry, we will got you covered.
When Do You Get The Error “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘span’”?
When attempting to utilizie pytube, you may encounter the following error.
AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-29-0bfa08b87614> in <module> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'span'
How To Fix The Error “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘span’”?
Approach 1: Modify the following line
Because the regex predicts a function with an argument, all you have to do is modify this line in your package.
1. Firstly, simply open this path:
2. Replace the following line:
152: func_regex = re.compile(r"function\([^)]+\)")
152: func_regex = re.compile(r"function\([^)]?\)")
3. Now, you have resolved your problem.
Approach 2: Download and install pytube.
Simply remove the old pytube, then install the new pytube using this commandline.
pip install git+https://github.com/baxterisme/pytube
Approach 3: Follow these steps
Excepting two approaches mentioned above, there is another solution for you to solve the error “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘span’”. Let’s follow these steps:
- First, you need to access to the position where your python is being set up, mostly in C:/Users/HP/appdata/local/programs/python.
- Look for “pytube” by searching it in the top right corner, then delete all the pytube modules you find.
- The next step is opening your cmd (in the administrative mode) here.
- You need type this command: pip install pytube.
- It’s finished. Try executing the code once again now.
This method is very simple, right? However, it works flawlessly for you. After doing it, your error will be completely resolved and your program will run well without any errors. So, what are you waiting without applying it to get your desired results?
We hope you will enjoy our article about fixing the error “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘span’”. We know that this error can be frustrating to deal with, so we hope that our information has helped you fix it. If you have any other questions or concerns about working with Conda, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading; we are always excited when one of our posts can provide useful information on a topic like this!