. Advertisement .
. Advertisement .
You get the error “PgAdmin4 – ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute’ value'” when doing your task.
This programming error is so common that it could happen to anyone. As a result, how did it come to be, and is it solvable? We’ll walk you through everything.
Cause For The Error: PgAdmin4 – ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’
Recently, you installed Postgresql pgAdmin4 on your Windows PC for the first time. When you run pgAdmin 4, you get a “fatal error: server could not be contacted” error in postgresql.
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\pgAdmin 4\web\pgAdmin4.py", line 98, in <module> app = create_app() File "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\pgAdmin 4\web\pgadmin\__init__.py", line 347, in create_app if not os.path.exists(SQLITE_PATH) or get_version() == -1: File "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\pgAdmin 4\web\pgadmin\setup\db_version.py", line 19, in get_version return version.value AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'value'
Our Best Solutions
To fix the “PgAdmin4 – ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’” error, follow the steps outlined
We discovered a temporary solution in which you can run the “pgAdmin 4” app in Python.
- First, remove C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingpgadmin.
- Launch the terminal.
- Python should be used to run the C:Program FilesPostgreSQL12pgAdmin 4webpgAdmin4.py file.
- Run the “pgAdmin 4” app from the Windows menu as administrator, and it will work as expected.
This is a bug in pgAdmin. This appears to be a widespread bug, as evidenced by the number of reports on the pgAdmin bug list.
- The standalone pgAdmin can be downloaded from pgadmin.org/download
- Installed without any problems.
You followed the same steps and encountered the same error.
- You discovered that removing the /.pgadmin directory (created during installation)
- Re-running “python pgAdmin4.py” fixed the error.
Follow below ways:
- Take a backup of your ‘pgadmin4.db’ file which is present at the “%APPDATA%\Roaming\pgadmin” folder.
- Delete ‘pgadmin4.db’ file.
- Download pgAdmin4 v5.2 from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v5.2/windows/
- Install and Launch ‘pgAdmin4 v5’.
We are sure that this method will solve the error.
Try the solutions indicated below if you’re still stumped by the error “PgAdmin4 – ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value'”.
When you always need help or have basic concerns, a big community of investigators is always willing to assist. Lastly, we want our subscribers to have a wonderful day full of new ideas.
Leave a comment