. Advertisement .
. Advertisement .
When you ran the code, you encountered the following error:” ‘pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file“.
As a result, after some research, we will present workable alternatives to software developers without further hemming and hawing. Let’s get on to correcting this error.
Under what conditions would the error “pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file” happen?
You are attempting to use pyinstaller, getting the following error.
'pyinstaller' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
How to fix the error: ”‘pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file”
Solution 1: Include the python script in your path
Let’s look at the steps in more detail through the methods below to fix the error ”‘pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file”.
- To resolve this error, including the python script in your path.
- Look for Advanced system settings in Search.
- Navigate to Environment Variables. Locate and choose the PATH default values in the System Variables section. Select Edit. Click New if the PATH environment factor does not already exist.
- Click the New System Variable button within the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window.
- And include the following path in the PATH variable: C:Users[YOUR USERNAME]AppDataLocalProgramsPythonPython36-32Scripts
- Click the OK button. By clicking OK, you can close any remaining windows.
- Reopen the Command Prompt window and execute the pyinstaller command.
Solution 2: Do as the following process
You also can resolve your problem by doing as the following process:
First, you must determine the location of the pyinstaller. In our case, we would go for a run.
pip uninstall pyinstaller
This will reconfirm if you want to delete the following file before uninstalling it.
Great! You presently know the route to the pyinstaller by doing that and. Type ‘No’ to exit the uninstallation, as our goal is only to obtain the path. Add the above path to a PATH variable now.
Solution 3: Adjust your User PATH environment variable
Excepting two mentioned solutions above, there is another method for you to solve the ”‘pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file” issue. It is adjusting your environment variable of so that it contains the following line:
Your operating system uses the PATH system variable to find required executables from the command line or Terminal window. On Linux and Solaris, you can set the PATH system variable in your shell’s startup file, while on Windows you can use System Utility in the control panel. For Windows or Mac OS X systems, changing the system PATH variable is often not required.
Let’s look at here to find the way to adjust your PATH environment variables.
In general, resolving the error “‘pyinstaller’ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file”.
We are confident that our answer will help you complete your task quickly. Hopefully, Python will allow users to create much more incredible intellectual products.