. Advertisement .
. Advertisement .
I get an error
sketch\sketch_may21a.ino.cpp:1:21: fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory #include <Arduino.h> ^ compilation terminated. exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.
when trying to compile Arduino UNO sketches using the official latest version Arduino software on Windows 7. How to fix error compiling for board arduino/genuino uno error? Please give me some advice.
To solve the problem:
For Mac OS X
This was the same problem I faced. So I went to Device manager and selected the Arduino port…disable with click right. Unplug & replug Arduino. Next, go to device manger and select the Arduino Port COM.. right click on Enable. then try. That should help.
Here are the three methods that I used:
Solution 1: Be sure to select the correct Arduino board
1. The Error Compiling For Board Arduino/Genuino Uno problem could occur because users don’t select the correct design for the board in the Arduino IDE. Select it in the tools menu inside Arduino IDE to choose the appropriate board. Arduino IDE program.
2. Select the Board to start the menu as shown below:
3. Choose Arduino/Genuino Uno If it’s not chosen.
Solution 2: Install the missing Arduboy libraries
1. The Error in compiling for the board Arduino/Genuino Uno error can be due to the absence of Arduboy libraries required by games. To install the missing libraries Arduboy, click on the Sketch menu.
2. Choose Add Library to reveal the menu that appears that is located directly below the photo:
3. Select Manage Libraries to display the window directly below.
4. To find Arduboy libraries, type in the term Arduboy into the search box.
5. Be sure that all the Arduboy libraries below are installed:
6. You can install the libraries you want by clicking on the More infor links and the install buttons for these libraries. Choose the most recent editions of libraries from the dropdown menus.
7. Once you’ve installed all the missing Arduboy libraries, click the close button.
Solution 3: Proceed to reinstall the Arduino IDE software
1. Certain users may need to install Adruino IDE software. Arduino IDE program to fix the compiler for board Arduino/GenuinoUno error. Start by opening File Explorer in Windows.
2. If you’re using Arduino the IDE 1.6.6 and later then start this path using Explorer:
3. Users running Arduino the IDE 1.6.5r5 or earlier must start this folder:
4. Choose Adruino15 as the Adruino15 folder, then hit the delete button.
5. After that, open Run’s windows using the Windows button + the hotkey R.
6. Type appwiz.cpl in the empty box, and then click the “OK” button.
7. Choose Arduino in the window for Features and Programs.
8. Click on the Uninstall option.
9. If a prompt to uninstall appears, Click to confirm it by clicking the “Yes” button.
10. Restart Windows before installing Arduino.
11. Select the Windows app on the Arduino website. Then click the Just Download option.
12. Then, reinstall your Arduino IDE software. Also, you’ll need to reinstall boards again using the Board Manager.