. Advertisement .
. Advertisement .
This error appears when attempting to complete your task: An error occurred while applying security settings. Authenticated Users is not a valid user or group.
This software error became so common that it could occur to everyone. As a result, how did that come to be, and is it fixable? Let’s discover with us.
When Does The Error: “An error occurred while applying security settings. Authenticated Users is not a valid user or group” Happen?
You are trying to install node on the win machine, and you always get this error:
An error occurred while applying security settings. Authenticated Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install.
Cause of error
This is an Windows message that informs your that the Group referred to as “Users” is not present. It is possible to use Basics to change the security permissions of Windows to permit access for all users.
Top Three Simple Approaches
Solution 1: Add “Authenticated Users” to your localgroup
The error message states that you must add Authenticated Users to the local group. Follow the steps below to add “Authenticated Users.”
Launch CMD as administrator.
Then, type net localgroup /add “Authenticated Users.”
You can now retry installing nodejs.
Solution 2: Use the Previous Version
Download the previous version (v14.17.1).
Also, try installing an older version on your computer.
This solution worked for me.
Solution 3: Create group named ‘Users’
- Select the appropriate option by right clicking on My Computer and choose “Manage.
- Start your local Users and Group tree.
- Go to your groups folder and look for a profile called Users. If it is not found then right-click on the folder containing Groups and choose the option to create a new group. Enter users(case subject to case) for name of the New Group name and select the option to create.
- Go to your group folder and look for a profile titled Administrators. If you cannot find it then right-click on the Groups folder and choose the option to create a new group. Input the Administrators (case dependent) in your New Group name and select to create.
- After close Computer Management window, restart the system, and continue to install.
If the error “An error occurred while applying security settings. Authenticated Users is not a valid user or group” persists, try the above remedies.
If you need assistance or have general NodeJS questions, a large community of researchers is always ready to help. Finally, we wish every subscriber a splendid day filled with new ideas.